Black Lace & Polka Dots

Factorie Dress | Mr Price booties | Mr Price bag | Woolworths tights | Pick ‘n Pay shirt | Forever New bracelet and necklace | Michael Kors watch | Legit sunnies

I’m channelling a little Audrey Hepburn today with my own variation of an up-do and a black dress.  I wore this outfit to the Google Tech event at JoziHub on Friday.  The event was primarily focused on female entrepreneurs in the “tech space” and one of the main differences found between male and female entrepreneurs is that men generally build their businesses according to their strengths while women are more focused on attending to their weaknesses.  I thought this was the most curious observation because I know, personally, I’m far more conscious about improving my weaknesses than bettering my strengths.  I’m going to be challenging myself to the men’s code and focusing a little more on my strengths for a while, as unnatural as it may be.  Interesting how such a little thought perspective might change your day.

For those of you interested, I’d have to say biggest “weakness” would have to be how painfully shy I am around strangers.  I absolutely envy those people who walk confidently into a room, strike up conversation with people they’ve never seen before and have them laughing their heads off in no time.  You guys are awesome.

xxx


Follow Arum Lilea on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin’ & Instagram

Labels:

Arum Lilea: Black Lace & Polka Dots

Monday 24 June 2013

Black Lace & Polka Dots

Factorie Dress | Mr Price booties | Mr Price bag | Woolworths tights | Pick ‘n Pay shirt | Forever New bracelet and necklace | Michael Kors watch | Legit sunnies

I’m channelling a little Audrey Hepburn today with my own variation of an up-do and a black dress.  I wore this outfit to the Google Tech event at JoziHub on Friday.  The event was primarily focused on female entrepreneurs in the “tech space” and one of the main differences found between male and female entrepreneurs is that men generally build their businesses according to their strengths while women are more focused on attending to their weaknesses.  I thought this was the most curious observation because I know, personally, I’m far more conscious about improving my weaknesses than bettering my strengths.  I’m going to be challenging myself to the men’s code and focusing a little more on my strengths for a while, as unnatural as it may be.  Interesting how such a little thought perspective might change your day.

For those of you interested, I’d have to say biggest “weakness” would have to be how painfully shy I am around strangers.  I absolutely envy those people who walk confidently into a room, strike up conversation with people they’ve never seen before and have them laughing their heads off in no time.  You guys are awesome.

xxx


Follow Arum Lilea on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin’ & Instagram

Labels:

20 Comments:

At 24 June 2013 at 16:26 , Blogger Amy Breckenridge said...

this dress is adorable! as i was scrolling through your photos, before i even read your text, i thought, she looks like audrey hepburn here! :) so pretty.
xoamy
www.cupcakesncouture.com

 
At 24 June 2013 at 16:42 , Blogger Patrícia M. said...

So cute and completely adorable! Seriously, I loveee shirts with dresses!

<3
http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

 
At 24 June 2013 at 16:55 , Blogger Johlet said...

Oooh next time can I please join you at one of these events?
And I love this look!
http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
xxx

 
At 24 June 2013 at 17:48 , Blogger Claudz said...

Great look!
I am also terribly shy. Everyone thinks I am super confident but it's only with people I know

 
At 24 June 2013 at 22:08 , Blogger Charlotte said...

That all sounds really interesting, never thought about it like that before! Love your outfit by the way!
- Charlotte x
My Blog
Shop my closet

 
At 25 June 2013 at 02:54 , Blogger Shira said...

I love love love this look! I have the opposite issue- I can be too talkative haha;)

http://asequinloveafair.com

 
At 25 June 2013 at 03:22 , Blogger Unknown said...

SO jealous! You're such a little skinny-mini! You look fantastic!
-Alexandra
www.rhymeswithfashion.com

P.S. My biggest weakness is that I have a pretty big temper. I definitely have a tendency to blow things out of proportion. So I would say that one thing I need to work on is rolling with the punches, and not freaking out when things don't go according to plan!

 
At 26 June 2013 at 05:59 , Blogger Jade Wright said...

You really do resemble Audrey here! Gorgeous outfit. She is such an inspiration!

www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

 
At 26 June 2013 at 21:12 , Blogger Unknown said...

You're so sweet, Amy! Thanks so much!

 
At 26 June 2013 at 21:13 , Blogger Unknown said...

Me too! It changes the dress completely! Thanks for reading, Patricia!

 
At 26 June 2013 at 21:14 , Blogger Unknown said...

Sure! Thank you Johlet :)

 
At 26 June 2013 at 21:15 , Blogger Unknown said...

It's so awful. Sometimes people interpret shy people as snobbish. If only they knew what it really felt like.

 
At 26 June 2013 at 21:15 , Blogger Unknown said...

Haha should we swap character for a day? xxx

 
At 26 June 2013 at 21:27 , Blogger Unknown said...

Says she!!! Thank you Alexandra :) It just goes to show you how none of us are perfect, but that's okay too.

 
At 26 June 2013 at 21:28 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much Vicky! xx

 
At 26 June 2013 at 21:29 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you, Jade. Ah I couldn't agree more!! xxx

 
At 27 June 2013 at 01:54 , Blogger Judy said...

This outfit is absolutely stunning!! And the updo makes it so much more elegant.

 
At 30 June 2013 at 19:26 , Blogger Anthea said...

Hi Leanne,

This outfit is amazing, I'm sure all eyes would be on you if you had to walk into a room of strangers. So, no need to be shy :)

Anthea,
Embracing Style

 
At 1 July 2013 at 09:34 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Judy! I love updos!

 
At 1 July 2013 at 09:35 , Blogger Unknown said...

You're the sweetest Anthea. Thank you for the vote of confidence :)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love sweet messages and I read each and every one.

Come again soon!

xxx

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home