Mint Weekend Casual

 Zara jeans | Mr Price shirt, sweater and shoes | Forever New bag | Sass Diva bracelets | Michael Kors watch | Ray-Ban sunnies

Hello pretty ladies!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  This is what I wore yesterday for a causal Sunday with friends at Katy’s Palace Bar.  It’s the second time we’ve been and, while a lot busier than last time, it is still so wonderful to sit and take in the atmosphere, great food and live music.

I have something I wish to share with you all.  This past weekend I received a comment on my blog staying that in all my photos my mouth looks odd.  Something I have never mentioned is that I had braces put on my teeth in September.  I’ve been so self-conscious since they’ve been on and I’m aware I might look a little odd but very soon, they will be off and my big smile will be back.  My point is that there is a practical reason for it, but what if there wasn’t.  What if that was my natural look?  There’s no reason for harsh criticism in this environment.  I see the blogging world as a way of women supporting other women – something I think is so precious in life.  I really believe we all have something to share and we all deserve encouragement.  Let us create a support system we can all lean on and positivity that we can play forward.

Xxx

Follow Arum Lilea on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin’ & Instagram





Labels: ,

Arum Lilea: Mint Weekend Casual

Monday 6 May 2013

Mint Weekend Casual

 Zara jeans | Mr Price shirt, sweater and shoes | Forever New bag | Sass Diva bracelets | Michael Kors watch | Ray-Ban sunnies

Hello pretty ladies!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  This is what I wore yesterday for a causal Sunday with friends at Katy’s Palace Bar.  It’s the second time we’ve been and, while a lot busier than last time, it is still so wonderful to sit and take in the atmosphere, great food and live music.

I have something I wish to share with you all.  This past weekend I received a comment on my blog staying that in all my photos my mouth looks odd.  Something I have never mentioned is that I had braces put on my teeth in September.  I’ve been so self-conscious since they’ve been on and I’m aware I might look a little odd but very soon, they will be off and my big smile will be back.  My point is that there is a practical reason for it, but what if there wasn’t.  What if that was my natural look?  There’s no reason for harsh criticism in this environment.  I see the blogging world as a way of women supporting other women – something I think is so precious in life.  I really believe we all have something to share and we all deserve encouragement.  Let us create a support system we can all lean on and positivity that we can play forward.

Xxx

Follow Arum Lilea on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin’ & Instagram





Labels: ,

33 Comments:

At 6 May 2013 at 16:12 , Blogger Sarah Botha said...

Hi Leanne, I am so shocked that someone would want to draw attention to that and feel that they have the right to say something like that! I also see blogging as a space to encourage one another and to value the various things that makes each blogger unique. Because our standards of beauty are so warped in our consumer culture, I really love that the fashion blogging space uplifts natural beauty and creates a space for all women to feel beautiful and be appreciated for who they are.

I also had braces and I know just how self-conscious they make you feel, so I just wanted to say that you are such a beautiful girl and your blog is lovely. Don't let the buggers get you down!
S.
www.theangelheadedhipster.com

 
At 6 May 2013 at 17:31 , Blogger Unknown said...

Chic look! <3

Have a nice day!

thelovelywildside.blogspot.com.es

 
At 6 May 2013 at 17:44 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The color of those shoes is perfect for Spring! xx

wildflowerofprague.blogspot.cz

 
At 6 May 2013 at 18:04 , Blogger Denisa said...

I really like that outfit and you look great. Have a nice monday.

http://www.fashiondenis.com/

 
At 6 May 2013 at 18:37 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! I am shocked and saddened that someone would say that to you! How inappropriate! For what it is worth, I think you are stunning, and have a lot to offer in our community.
-Alexandra
www.rhymeswithfashion.com

P.S. I'm not sure if you ever noticed, but my bottom teeth a very crooked (my brother threw a rock at my face and chipped my teeth, and messed up my braces). People do tend to comment on it (especially kids), but I smile anyway because smiling makes me feel good. :)

 
At 6 May 2013 at 18:39 , Blogger Lauren said...

Hi Leanne, for the record I see nothing wrong with your mouth or how you smile at all!! This is your blog and you can do and post pictures as you see fit. I agree that blogging should be a place to make you feel more confident and offer support. I will always be a fan and great supporter. Keep up the fabulous work! Oh, and awesome weekend outfit - mint is awesome on you! xo

 
At 6 May 2013 at 21:11 , Anonymous Lipgloss Kisses said...

Adorable outfit! I can't believe someone wrote that - shocking! I think you always look great and you are incredibly confident to put pics up and other women should support that. Just ignore the haters ;)

 
At 6 May 2013 at 21:25 , Blogger Unknown said...

Sarah, thank you for this sweetest message. It is what we make of it and if you and I can encourage one another, I'm more than happy with that. You're right, we are all unique and that's what draws me to each and every blog.

Your words have touched my heart. Thank you so much for your support!

 
At 6 May 2013 at 21:41 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Alexandra. Your encouragement means everything to me. I actually have never noticed! It just goes to show you how we're all so unique and little differences make us exactly who we are. Thank you so much for sharing your story with me. Keep smiling because your smile is beautiful!

 
At 6 May 2013 at 21:47 , Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Lauren, thank you so much. You're so right, this is my little space that I like to express myself on so I will keep on doing just that. You are honestly so sweet and I can't tell you what your support means to me. There's a special place in the world for women that are kind to other women! I've taken your words to heart, thank you so so much!

 
At 6 May 2013 at 21:49 , Blogger Unknown said...

You're so sweet. Your support really does mean so much to me. Thank you for you kind words and for taking the time to reach out!

 
At 6 May 2013 at 22:33 , Blogger mayitapink said...

Nice blog! <3
Would you like to follow each other on Gfc? :)

http://mayitapink.blogspot.com.es/

 
At 7 May 2013 at 00:23 , Blogger Unknown said...

Love mint color!! Your necklace is fabulous!!!

xx,Hily

Life Behind a Lens©

 
At 7 May 2013 at 01:31 , Blogger Amy Breckenridge said...

i have never noticed your mouth looking odd..ever! i think you're gorgeous! and i am obsessed with your bag.
xoamy
www.cupcakesncouture.com

 
At 7 May 2013 at 05:38 , Blogger Meesh said...

I haven't noticed anything either.. you are gorgeous as always! Love the mint combo and the shoes are very cute. Your hair looks extra look and beautiful in these photos!

xx Meesh
trashyfoes.com

 
At 7 May 2013 at 06:19 , Blogger Unknown said...

love those shoes and I love this post - blogging is about celebrating beauty and inspiration, i have never noticed anything but beauty here!
xo, aiyanajane || www.citystylecountrysmile.com

 
At 7 May 2013 at 11:14 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much Hilary!

 
At 7 May 2013 at 11:15 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Amy! You're the absolute sweetest. Thank you so much! Hope you've had a great start to the week x

 
At 7 May 2013 at 11:17 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much, Meesh. You're so kind! Your support means so much to me. I'm so glad you love this look too! Means a lot coming from you! xxx

 
At 7 May 2013 at 11:18 , Blogger Unknown said...

Love the necklace and the bag! Such a cool casual summer outfit!
magnefiestaofmumbai.blogspot.in

 
At 7 May 2013 at 11:19 , Blogger Unknown said...

I agree completely. I love to feel inspired when I read people's blogs and feel ready to try new things in my own life. That's the greatest thing about this blogging world. Your sweet words have really touched me and I can't thank you enough for that! x

 
At 7 May 2013 at 11:19 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much Deepali! xx

 
At 7 May 2013 at 13:28 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi again.. :) Just wanna say I am already following you on GFC and bloglovin :)

 
At 7 May 2013 at 14:20 , Blogger Citrus - Refreshing Fashion said...

hi dear! u are just too cute and your comments on my blog made my day! definitely following u and thanks so much for stopping by! love this look!

XO Meghan

 
At 7 May 2013 at 16:15 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the mint accent with your shoes and necklace! You look fabulous.

-Vogue&Heels
www.vogueandheels.com

 
At 7 May 2013 at 17:20 , Blogger Cammie Callisto said...

Love the color of your shoes and necklace :)

x Cammie

 
At 7 May 2013 at 23:55 , Blogger Unknown said...

lovely look babes, shall we follow let me know XSE
www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

 
At 8 May 2013 at 11:25 , Blogger Stylishly in love said...

What a great look on you today. You have great style and an amazing blog.

If you get a sec, check out my latest post 'Pastel Hues'. I would love to read what you think.

Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

 
At 8 May 2013 at 14:06 , Blogger Johlet said...

Love the color!
And people can be so harsh and for no reason!
I honestly did not even pick it up, to me it looks like you are flirting with the camera! Work it girl! :)
I would love if you can share my "Georgie.B Shop" section on my blog. I really need the support.
http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
xxx

 
At 11 May 2013 at 22:32 , Blogger hayleyeszti said...

You mouth looks fine! You have a beautiful smile with or without teeth on show! Sometimes girls can be so bitchy over the silliest of things and you are right it shouldn't be like that here. Keep smiling and looking beautiful! Xxx Hayley-Eszti

 
At 13 May 2013 at 20:28 , Blogger Kelsey Bang said...

love the fun teal accent color! way cute!
kelseybang.com

 
At 16 May 2013 at 02:00 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this post! Not only do you look fabulous, but I really love your words of encouragement. It's no one's place to pass judgement and be so rudely critical about others. Keep smiling as you please! You're stunning.

http://greatlittleplaceblog.blogspot.com/

 
At 21 May 2013 at 15:40 , Blogger Megan said...

Silly people! Pay no mind to them, you are gorgeous! I also had braces, in high school, so I know what it feels like.

I love those shoes, very cute. And that both your necklace and the shoes have a splash of gold

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love sweet messages and I read each and every one.

Come again soon!

xxx

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home