Around the world in a day


On Sunday I had such a wonderful morning.  I thought we'd try something new, like I normally do.  We went to 'Scusi near Zoo Lake for breakfast, something I've been meaning to do for a long time.  The restaurant is so sweet.  It has quite the Italian flair and sitting outside having tea (perhaps it should have been coffee) never becomes old to me.  I have the most amazing time watching the world go buy in just this fashion. 


After breakfast we walked down to Zoo Lake and my world seemed to have shifted in the sense that I was suddenly being reminded of views of Central Park in New York.  Perhaps from the view of the boats and the skyline you can see why.  It was wonderful to walk around the lake, listening to music in the background and softly singing along.  Funny how moments like these clear your perspective and give you insight into forgotten pleasant memories. 

Completing our walk  around the lake, we arrived at the band that we could hear in the distance during our walk.  I was suddenly reminded where I was and where I am and that I'm proud to call Africa home.  To see how naturally music and joy come to our people so easily is enriching.  I realised that while I may travel far, no matter what country I'm in, I will always be South African.

Zara top, Identity jeans, Europa Art shoes, Forever New bag.

Images for Arum Lilea.

Labels: , , ,

Arum Lilea: Around the world in a day

Thursday 9 February 2012

Around the world in a day


On Sunday I had such a wonderful morning.  I thought we'd try something new, like I normally do.  We went to 'Scusi near Zoo Lake for breakfast, something I've been meaning to do for a long time.  The restaurant is so sweet.  It has quite the Italian flair and sitting outside having tea (perhaps it should have been coffee) never becomes old to me.  I have the most amazing time watching the world go buy in just this fashion. 


After breakfast we walked down to Zoo Lake and my world seemed to have shifted in the sense that I was suddenly being reminded of views of Central Park in New York.  Perhaps from the view of the boats and the skyline you can see why.  It was wonderful to walk around the lake, listening to music in the background and softly singing along.  Funny how moments like these clear your perspective and give you insight into forgotten pleasant memories. 

Completing our walk  around the lake, we arrived at the band that we could hear in the distance during our walk.  I was suddenly reminded where I was and where I am and that I'm proud to call Africa home.  To see how naturally music and joy come to our people so easily is enriching.  I realised that while I may travel far, no matter what country I'm in, I will always be South African.

Zara top, Identity jeans, Europa Art shoes, Forever New bag.

Images for Arum Lilea.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 10 February 2012 at 10:29 , Blogger Fash Boulevard said...

i love your bag. so stunning. so glad i stumbled across your blog. love. definitely following. can't wait to read more. if you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out mine. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
Small town girl takes on the LA fashion scene.

 
At 10 February 2012 at 11:28 , Blogger - said...

those heels are killer!

xx
Cat

flauntandrepeat.com

 
At 10 February 2012 at 12:02 , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm absolutely crazy about your blog!!! I'm already a follower.
So lovely to hear from you!
xxx

 
At 11 February 2012 at 04:47 , Blogger Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

I adore your outfit!

 
At 13 February 2012 at 19:45 , Blogger Sharon said...

You are such a nice girl :)

 
At 13 February 2012 at 20:36 , Blogger Sofia / nouw.com/fashionsituation said...

i love those shoes <3 ! :))

 
At 14 February 2012 at 01:51 , Blogger Sabrina said...

wow
Loved her look
his shirt so delicate
but matched perfectly with their sandals

beautiful photos
: D
sabrina
terejour.blogspot.com

 
At 14 February 2012 at 02:39 , Blogger Kate said...

Stunning shoes! WOAH!

 
At 14 February 2012 at 03:05 , Blogger Unknown said...

Cute - love the blouse and heels!

xo Ashleigh

www.thedaileigh.com

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love sweet messages and I read each and every one.

Come again soon!

xxx

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home